About APYE 2019
In July 2019, the first edition of the Asia Pacific Youth Exchange Program (APYE) Vietnam was launched, continuing its regional success in Thailand, the Philippines, and South Korea since 2016.
With support from the United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) Vietnam and British University Vietnam (BUV), APYE 2019 has attracted more than 70 delegates from over 10 countries to participate in a two-week intensive capacity building program at BUV Hanoi, Ke and Buoi Villages in Hoa Binh province, and Xuan Thuy National Park.
High-level Forum & Leadership Training
With the topic “Youth and Sustainable Development Goals in Vietnam: Impact entrepreneurship 4.0”, the Forum & Training created an engaging space for the participants to learn about SDG.
Through various interactive sessions, keynotes, and panel discussion delivered by seasoned guest speakers from corporates, social impact enterprises, and non-profit, the forum provided a comprehensive overview of SDGs, the 4th Industrial Revolution and presented young leaders with one of the biggest challenges in our time: how to drive communities forward an inclusive growth through social innovations and impact entrepreneurship.
It was our great honour to have these guest speakers in the High-Level Forum:
● Prof. Dr. Ray Gordon - Vice-Chancellor and President, British University Vietnam
● Mr. Dao Xuan Lai - Assistant Resident Representative, Head of Environment and Climate Change
Department, UNDP Viet Nam
● Ms. Leni Robredo - Vice President of the Philippines
● Mr. Hyoungmin Kim - Managing Director, Urban Youth Academy
● Ms. Nguyen Nhu Quynh - Youth Engagement Officer, UNDP Vietnam
● Mr. Bobby Liu - Co-founder, TOPICA Founder Institute
● Ms. Jasmine Nguyen - Regional Manager, AngelHack
● Mr. Seán O'Connell - Human Rights & Innovation Officer, UNDP Vietnam
● Ms. Bui Tran Nhu Phuong - Inclusive Business Development Manager, Vietnam, Covestro
● Ms. Doan Thanh Hai - Programme Manager Society, British Council
● Ms. Hong Tang - Founder and CEO, Coins For Change
● Mr. Adrian John Leeds - Founder of 3 Global Digital Creative Agencies, CEO of AJoinMedia
● Mr. Wilbert Wynnberg - Serial Entrepreneur & Award-Winning Author
With knowledge and skills gained from the Forum and Leadership Training, 70 delegates went through seven days of Local Immersion at three communities in Northern Vietnam:
Buoi Village, Hoa Binh (BHB)
Ke Village, Hoa Binh (KHB)
Giao Thuy, Nam Dinh (NDP)
Based on various research activities and hands-on engagement, delegates gained real insights into the local reality, identified social issues, and co-created solutions addressing these issues using community resources.
The “Art of Pitching” workshop were organized by a pitching veteran - Ms. Jen Vu Huong, to strengthen delegates’ pitching skills.
Future orientation session closed the event with commitment made by the delegates to continue their journey to become #SDGen - future community leaders for SDGs.
The final pitching day, organized at the Green One UN House, commenced with the Social Innovation Fair. Delegates introduced their project ideas to the Youth Symposium's participants.